Sunday, February 20, 2011

Pork Chops with Tomato Chutney

I have become a HUGE fan of chutney lately. I have made a peach/ginger chutney, which was the first one that I have ever made and my oh my was it a hit. I fell in love with the taste of the flavor combination of it. It was fantastic. I made it a few times for my pork chops and fell in love. Last month I came across another chutney, that I actually posted in my blog. It was the one with apples and onions, and again, the flavor combination was amazing. So, when I found another chutney, I had to try it. This dish was Saturday nights dinner with just Chris and I at the house. So, there isn't any adding to the ingredients. I did it exactly like the recipe showed, and it was FABULOUS!!!! I loved it! Chris did too!!!

1/4 cup olive oil
1 onion, chopped
1 14.5 oz can of chopped tomatoes
1/3 cup golden raisins
3 tbsp brown sugar
2 tsp grated fresh ginger
3 tbsp plus 1 tsp red wine
4 pork loin chops
salt and pepper

1. In a medium skillet, heat 1 tbsp olive oil over med-high heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes, raisins, brown sugar, ginger, 3 tbsp red wine and 1/2 cup water. Bring to a boil, lower the heat and simmer until the sauce has thickened, about 10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, season the pork with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat 2 tbsp olive oil over med-high heat. Add the pork chops and cook, turning once, until browned and just cooked through, about 5 minutes.
3. Transfer pork to serving plate and top with chutney.

This was awesome!!! Completely wonderful!!! I didn't think that I would or could find another chutney that I would like, and this one was tomatoes. It wasn't sweet like apples or peaches, but oh my!! This was great! We served it up with some asparagus with hollandaise sauce. It was amazing!! I will be making this once again!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment