Friday, July 22, 2011

A new life change

All my life I have been going on and off diets. Not because I really wanted to (who really does?) But because I've been told to, suggested to, been a support of someone who is, all those types of things! Well, I'm proud to say.... I'M NOT ON A DIET!!!! But I have lost 13.4 pounds in the last month!!! I am on a life changing nutritional path!

One of my very good friends, who lives in Texas now, is a Personal Trainer. I send her a desperate e-mail asking for her help. You see, I stepped on the scale one time (which I always did occasionally) and I was shocked! I had a number on that scale that I had never seen!!! I'm not going to reveal that number. But it was even higher then my final pregnancy weight with either one of my kids!  I will say, my final destination is to lose 124 pounds!

I have been changing the way and the things that I eat. I used to be a huge snacker... I snacked on chips, candy, just junk food. Which of course is why I put on all the weight. It has taken will power, but I am bound and determined to be healthy, but I no longer snack on those foods like I used to. Now, don't get me wrong. I still have a candy bar, red vines, chips once in awhile, but I've learned... it's in moderation!

The first couple of weeks, Charissa (my PT), had me ONLY drink water, black or herbal tea (hot of cold), and black coffee. The coffee was huge for me. I love my Starbucks (which has awesome black coffee, I have discovered!) and my bottled Lipton teas, and juices and such. But, once again, I want this weight off, so I'm just about willing to do anything. Now the thing is, you see, I've had a glass of wine with dinner here and there but that's it. I drink my coffee in the morning, I make sun tea (no sugars in it), in the evening I may have a cup of tea, and of course all throughout the day I drink water.

The next thing she had me do is make sure that I get 8-10 hours of sleep every night. That was easy because I already do that. That is a huge thing in making sure your body is healthy! And take a picture of myself to track my process! I also had to find a way to relieve stress. Now if you know me, you should know, I'm not the stressful type of person! But, what I did is, I started walking! About 1.5 miles about 5 times a week. I love it! During the summer, I get the kids on their bikes, grab our lab, Ruby, and head out! Kids on their bikes and Ruby and I walking.


Two weeks later, Charissa was ready to give me another set of changes. In 1 week, 3 of my meals (any meal) I have to eat eggs, bacon or sausage, and fresh fruit. Sounds and has been easy enough. Also, replace my oils with coconut oil while cooking or baking. I was a little sceptical on the coconut oil, but I have been using it when cooking meats, and I can't taste a thing!! I also made snicker doodles for the family and replaced the butter with the coconut oil, and no difference at all! I love it! The 3rd thing she had me do in this time around is to not drink regular milk. If I use milk, drink or use almond milk instead. Now, I'm not a milk drinker, but I do have a 1/2 gallon of almond milk in my fridge and I have yet to open it. Maybe someday I will!

Charissa just gave me my new changes this week! I will be starting these on Monday! 3-4 times a week I have to have fish, 1/2 an avocado or a hand full of nuts (not peanuts). Now, if you know Chris and I, you know we fish a lot. There is always fish in my house, and we eat it about 1-2 times a week! So, this is not going to be a problem!


Next, if I use tortilla's they must be corn tortilla's and any chips must be a corn chip. I cut out the majority of chips but once in awhile, I just need that crunch, salt and flavor of the chip. Like I said I've learned moderation and self control!

I've been enjoying my new path and new change. I already feel healthier then I have in years. I have more energy and can't wait to see what life brings me. I think I'll continue blogging my progress and posting some more recipes that I've been tweaking up for lower calories!

Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment