Friday, July 22, 2011

Zucchini Bread

I decided to make some zucchini bread today. Something I make every summer time because of fresh gardens that every one has. Seems like there is always someone that has to much and can't use it all. My ex-mother in law brought me 3 yesterday morning. Two loaves of bread and I used 1 HUGE Zucchini!! I just made my recipe a little different this time around trying to impliment a couple of the things that Charissa has given me to follow. Guess what? It turned out so, so, so good! Yummy!!!! So, here is the recipe for you!

3 cups of zucchini
1 2/3 cup of sugar
2 tsp vanilla
4 eggs
2/3 cup coconut oil

Mix those ingredients together before you go any further! Next add in:

3 cups wheat flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground cloves
1/2 tsp salt

Mix well. Put into 2 8x4 or 1 9x5 loaf pans. Cook at 350* for about 1 hour 15 mins. (Depending on pan you use you may need to cook longer. My big stone wear I have to cook it for 1 hour 30 min for it to be done all the way through)

Now, I'm reasonable and don't believe in this small itty bitty bites and servings... So, if I cut my slices from my 1 9x5 loaf pan, it's 208 calories per serving. 9.1g fat, 30.3g carbs (fiber 2.6g) and protein 4.1g

Hope if you try this you enjoy as much as I do!!

No comments:

Post a Comment