Tuesday, July 26, 2011

One month ago....

I decided it was time to take my weight seriously and start losing weight. In the last month, just from changing a few small things I have lost 15.4 pounds. I am feeling great, and I am starting to feel good about myself. Even though people haven't noticed that I have lost 15 pounds, I am starting to notice and not in the places most people would. I have noticed my feet are apparently thinner now. I have shoes that my feet squeezed into and now, they fit in there with ease. It's great!

The few small changes you ask? Well, that was actually not very hard. You just have to have the self control and the mind set that you want to lose the weight! First off, I only drink water, un-sweetened black or herbal tea (hot and cold) and in the morning, black coffee. No more pop, beer, flavored creamer in my coffee.... nothing!!! Now don't get me wrong, during this month I have had 3 glasses of wine and 2 glasses of juice. But see, that's the key, control, moderation, and determination!

The 2nd thing I have done is replace my snacking. I used to snack all throughout the day if I was home just doing housework or playing on the computer. Instead of going up into the cupboard and getting some chips or crackers or just getting into the fridge and getting ice cream, cheese or a frozen snack to pop in the microwave, I go into the fridge and get fruit or veggies. Those are my snacks. I go to the store and go straight to the produce section and spend most of my time there! Of course, I am a price checker, but I'm also smelling and squeezing everything. I have apples, oranges, bananas, peaches, nectarines, cuties, lemons and limes in my fridge just in fruit right now! I have a ton of veggies to make things with as well.

I'm learning to cook and bake differently with all my foods. I'm also learning to eat differently. You're body needs nutrition. It needs the natural sugars from fruits, but it also needs proteins. So, 3 meals a week I have 2 eggs, 3 pieces of either sausage or bacon, and then fresh fruit. It feels me up. I bake with coconut oil in replace of other oils and butter. You can't even taste it! My snicker doodles were great and eaten by the household within days and my zucchini bread was a hit! I do the same thing when I cook. Instead of olive oil in the pan, I use a little bit of the coconut oil. Works great and doesn't change the taste of anything! I cant' believe this!

Also, I'm exercising!!! Most of the time I'm walking about 1.5 miles a day. I can walk my route in 25 minutes. Which isn't bad. I do some other things too. I've been swimming and horseback riding. I try to get some form of exercise in at least 5 times a week. With trying to burn at lest 200 calories. That's my goal for right now anyway. I'm sure with a little more weight off, it will change. But I've been feeling wonderful!

Just this last week I have added a few extras to my diet. 4 times a week, I have either a helping of fish, 1/2 an avocado or a handful of nuts (not peanuts). This week just started and I've already had 2 of those things this week! This is going to be a great change for me! I'm loving it!

So, I am done 15.4 pounds which mean I have 108.6 pounds to go till I reach my goal. That's right 108!!!! My starting weight to my goal weight is 124 pounds... and I'm getting there!!

Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment