Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Birthday!

Oh what a great day! My birthday always comes on with dread of another year older, but when its here and its over, I look back at what a great time I had. This year, I got some great gifts! Chris took the kids out to do some birthday shopping for me. He decided not to let them actually 'pick out' my gift, but instead, took them to a little boutique where they sold Vera Bradley purses, and told them to pick out the color. Chris knew that he couldn't go wrong with a Vera! I am now the proud owner of the cutest 'Blue Lagoon' Hipster purse! I love it, I'm already wearing it every day!

My dad took me out to get a new camera. I have been wanting a new digital camera for quite some time now. I got a Nikon Coolpix L120. It's fantastic and I am in love with it! It takes the most fantastic pictures! So, what better place and models to break in a new camera then a BBQ and kids :).

Sunday we were invited over to our friend Amanda's house for a BBQ potluck. So of course we went. We had a great time, and the kids loved playing and running in the back yard with all the kids that were there.
Nicolas wa having a blast moving around all the branches, and playing under the tree. Chris had gotten up in the Walnut tree the day before to get the broken branches down so they wouldn't fall into the roof of the house.
Chris was being a little monkey. He got up in the tree quite far. Had to take a towing strap up with him to tie around the branches to pull them out so they wouldn't fall on Amanda's roof. It was a great site! Amanda and I pulled out a bench and sat in the middle of the yard and watched these 2 men attempt to get these branches out of the tree. They did a great job.

Ellie was having fun during the BBQ. There were actually 2 girls there that she could play with. Ellie is always upset because all thats around are boys for her to play with. She very rarely has any little girls to go outside and play with. So thankfully she had 2 other girls there. They were 4 and 9. She had a ball! While we were there, she was passing out eggs to everyone. You see, Sunday was Ostara (first day of spring) and after talking with Nic and Ellie and explaining to them what this all ment, Ellie was all for passing out the eggs to everyone and wishing them a 'Happy first day of sprin' :). It was awesome!

All in all, we had a great weekend! Presents were great. Going over to a BBQ was great! It was all a wonderful time with friends and family!

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment