Saturday, March 12, 2011

March - Corned Beef and Cabbage

March is my birthday month, but 6 years ago my daughter decided to join and share it with me which makes my birthday month all that more special to me. Even though our birthdays aren't until the 2nd half of the month, I feel like I've been going, going, going non stop already. I have started planning out her birthday party, which this year she has decided she wants a Tangled theme. She loved that movie so much. Most invites have gone out already. Only invites left to go out are to her little friends at school. Now that she's in kindergarten I'm sure I'm going to end up with a huge kid party instead of the few kids and mostly adults and family members. I've already picked her up a couple of things. She is totally a girly girl and loves anything like that. So, I have gotten her a couple of outfits already. Also some hair thingies and nail polish. I know she is going to be in heaven!

Haven't tried any new recipes lately. Been cooking the same ole things, or doing a couple of the new ones that I have learned in the past couple months. Today I was given the request of corned beef and cabbage. Haven't made this in a long time. But, it's a good one, especially this time of year. Right around St. Patricks day is when the Irish in everyone comes out a little. So, I have 2 small Corned Beefs in the crock pot with a box of beef stock, baby carrots, and the celery that I had in the fridge. Along with the little seasoning packets that came with the Corned Beef. Then I filled the rest up with water after I got everything in there. Just going to let it cook nice and slow. We have some shopping to do today, so I am going to pick up a head of cabbage and cut it up and throw it in there when we get back home. It's going to be yummy. Also, instead of throwing in some potatoes into the crock pot like I normally do, I bought some sweet potatoes yesterday while I was out doing my grocery shopping. I'm going to make the Onion Soup Sweet Potatoes that Candy taught me. Oh, how I love those and they are so so so easy!!!

3 Nice size sweet Potatoes cut up into bite sizes
Throw them into a large zip loc baggy
Add 2 packets of Onion Soup mix
Sprinkle some oil into the bag, just enough to coat the potatoes
But onto cookie sheet and bake at 350 until golden brown and tender

These are so yummy and the kids love them too!

So, this is what today brings for us. Ellie has a birthday party she is going to today for one of her class mates. They are having it at the Kangaroo Bounce house. While she is there, Chris, the 3 boys and I are going to do some birthday present shopping for her. Then I think Chris is going to take the 3 boys birthday shopping for me too. So, we should all have a fun fun fun day!

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment