Monday, March 28, 2011

Our weekend...

It all started out Saturday morning and getting ready for Ellie's birthday party. I can't believe my baby is going to be 6 in just 2 short days. It seems like it was just a little while ago I had her. Not 6 years ago!! Ellie wanted a Tangled birthday and she had a Tangled birthday! She seemed to have so much fun. I went to the store a few weeks ago and picked out some Tangled invites. Ellie and I sat down and got them all written out and she took a few to school and gave them to some of her friends. I would say we had 12 kids 10 and under here for her party! I couldn't find a Tangled cake anywhere in town, so I went to Safeway and picked out a cake that was the closest thing to 'Tangled' that I could find. They only reason I picked it out was because in the movie Rapunzel talks to the little 'critters' so it kind of just fit.
I think Ellie got just about everything that she asked for, for her birthday. The only thing she didn't get was the movie Tangled, but that's because it doesn't come out until tomorrow. My mom is coming up on Saturday and there are going to be a few things that she will get for Ellie, that she still has asked for. I'm pretty sure the movie is one of them.

After the majority of the party guests left, it was just our close friends and their kids that stayed and hung out. Candy, Ethan, Amanda and Missy, plus the 3 kids between them. Chris and Ethan cooked hamburgers on the grill and fries in the deep fryer for dinner, since all of us woman were so busy all day with the party and making sure that it went off without a hitch. If Missy wasn't here helping keeping the presents flowing so I could take pictures or picking up and cleaning up, Amanda for writing the present list down for me for thank you cards, and Candy just to keep the 'boys' in check I don't think I would have been able to do it with all the kids and people that were here. Thanks ladies!!

On Sunday, Chris wanted to take the kids up to Evergreen lake in Quincy to see if we could catch some perch. We went all the lucky but the kids did have some fun, until the wind started to pick up.

I think I got some pretty good pictures of the kids. Like I said they did have some fun out there just watching the water and talking with one another. I'm so glad that they are at the age that they can do that!

Now, we are at Monday. I just sent the kids off to school, they got to walk with a couple of girls from down the street. They love when the weather gets a little warmer and they can start walking to and from school. I love it too! I'm so thankful we live less then 2 blocks from the school. I think its great!

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment