Thursday, March 3, 2011

Meatloaf my way!

So, I have been asked twice for a good meatloaf recipe. I have my mom's old fasion meatloaf, that I grew up on and I absolutly love it! Last year, I had a pampered chef party and we made this meatloaf recipe called South of the Border meatloaf, which was fantastic too!! So, with me and my experimenting of foods, I kind of combined the 2 of them together, and came up with a meatloaf that all 4 of the kids eat up and want more of!! So, Jessica and Kristina... here you go!!!

Now remember, I cook for 6 people most of the time, and also have to make sure that there is enough left over for Chris to take for lunch the next day. So, it may seem like a lot, but in my house it goes quick!!

3 lbs of ground beef
1 chopped finely onion
1 chopped finely green bell pepper
1/4 cup taco seasoning
a few sprinkles of Italian seasoning
2 eggs
1 sleeve of saltine crackers smashed good (kids love doing this)
1 cup of shedded chedder cheese
nice genorous pinch of salt

I mix this all with my hands till its all nice and combined together. I now use the Pampered Chef deep dish baker, but before I got that, I used just a 9x13 casserole dish. Now, here's another little one of my tricks.. If I'm in a huge hurry and have sports going on at night, I can throw the deep dish baker (covered) into the microwave and cook this for about 20-25 minutes. It still comes out juicy and fabulous!! I never cooked it inthe microwave in a casserole dish though. It went in the over for about an 1 - 1 1/2 hours at 350. It all depends on how your oven cooks. I start checking temps at 1 hour. Comes out juicy and awesome this way too. Now either way, when it's done cooking, I take a little more sheredded cheddar and place it on the top of the loaf, and cover for about 5 minutes (just enough for it to melt). Cut and serve.

Of course the kids love it with catchup, but this is a great meatloaf, that looks and acts like meatloaf, but it has more of a wow flavor then the old fashion style meatloaf, mom used to make.

Hope you enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment