Sunday, October 23, 2011

Yummy Goose!

Like I said in my last post, I was going to post this recipe for Goose. Only because I never remember ever eating goose and I needed something to make it good for the 4 kids to eat too. Let me tell you, they loved it and ate it all up! This was so great that I told Chris when he went out this morning, he needed to bring more home!

2 tablespoons Paprika
1 tablespoon dry mustard
2 teaspoons kosher salt
2 teaspoons ground black pepper
2 teaspoons ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper

2 tablespoons coconut oil
2-inch piece ginger, finely chopped
6 cloves garlic finely chopped
3/4 cup honey
1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
2 tablespoons agave nectar

Heat oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add ginger and garlic and cook until soft.  Whisk in the honey. agave and soy and cook until just combined and the honey has melted. Add in all the spices.

Saute a whole onion (that has been sliced up) in a little bit of coconut oil. Place the Goose breasts on the onions in the pan and let them cook till done.

Once the goose is done, take them out and let them rest for 5 minutes. Slice at an angle and dip in your sauce. Serve on plate over the bed of onions. :)


Enjoy! Till next time

No comments:

Post a Comment