Thursday, March 1, 2012

A new Challenge

If you all remember back in October, Charissa had given me a pre-holiday accountability challenge. I did that and had wonderful success. Well, there is a new challenge in the air. Starting Monday march 5th, I (along with several other people) will be starting the 21 Day Sugar Detox nutrition/workout challenge. I'm super excited for this one!! As you know, I've been at a small (OK, HUGE) plateau over the last month. I've been super busy and haven't been able to do a whole lot of gym time, so my weight has hardly moved, if at all! This 21 DSD is just what I am in need of to get me kick started again!

Charissa now works with The Balanced Bites. Which is an amazing website and podcast by Diane Sanfilippo. Diane is the one that created the 21 Day Sugar Detox. Teacher you in several levels how to eat and cut your sugar cravings! Well, I bought and downloaded the e-book and have now read through it all and I am psyched!!! Granted, I don't have those sugar cravings like most people out there do, only because I've been Paleo for 8 months now, but it will be a nice little reset button for all those little 'cheats' I do once in awhile. I think this is exactly what I need. Not only that, but I need to get back into the gym on a regular basis. I've been going, but only about 1 or 2 times a week to my workout class. I haven't been going in on my own and just working on machines or walking.

So, starting Monday, I will be working on my points :). Taking waist measurements each week, of course sleeping for 7+ hours a night, drinking 8 or more cups of water a day, posting about how I am feeling 3 times a week on the 21 DSD facebook page. I will also have to log all cheats and take a point away for a cheat and log all the days I don't workout and take a point away from that as well! I can only eat foods that are on the Yes list and can't eat anything that is on the No list. So, as of right now, I have introduced myself on the 21 DSD facebook page which is worth 10 points. :) That's what I have when I go into this on Monday!


There are prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd places and I'd LOVE to get one of the prizes!! So, that is what I am working towards. This means over the next 3 weeks... I'm going to make it a point to hit the gym everyday and not have any cheats!!! I don't want to lose points! It's only 3 weeks! I can do this! I know I can!

And for those of you that are watching me and keeping track..... As of this morning I'm at 215.8!!! I'm down 83.2 pounds! That means that I have 40.8 left to go! It has been slow, like I said the last month, but I have been able to maintain and keep going. I'm super excited and will make sure I continue to blog about my progress on the 21 DSD.

I hope you all take the time to look at the links that I left up above. They are some great websites and have helped me out tremendously! I love listening to the podcast. So very informative!

Till next time...

1 comment: