Monday, April 22, 2013

Best bok choy recipe

I love getting my bountiful basket each week from the co-op. There are so many great things that come each week. This week was no exception. I always take everything out of the basket and the wheels just start to turn in my head on what I can use this amazing produce for. When a few weeks ago I ended up with some Bok Choy. Never had it, never cooked but I need to try and find something. I started hitting alley favorite recipe sites and blogs. When I found a good looking recipe from www.foodnetwork.com! It's called Best Bok Choy! There was only a few little tweaks that I needed to do to it to make it completely Paleo, and so that's what I have done! :) I have now made this 2 times and it goes each time I make it! Full of delicious and nutrition veggies! :)

Coconut oil for wok
1 medium red onion thinly sliced
1 red bell pepper
1 1/2 c green beans trimmed and cut into 2-3 inch lengths
2 c mushrooms, sliced
Head of bok choy
3 cloves garlic
1 tablespoon coconut aminos
Salt & pepper

Heat up you wok with oil in it. When it is hot and ready add onions and bell peppers. Sauté stirring constantly for about 2 minutes. Add in green beans and mushrooms and cook for about 2 more minutes. Add everything else and cook until bok choy is wilted. Add salt and pepper to taste.

You can add a meat into this and make it a meal or just use as a side dish! :)

Hope you enjoy it just as much as we do!

Till next time...


No comments:

Post a Comment