Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Cabbage roll casserole

Honestly I don't even know why I call it a casserole because its all just in 1 huge pot! :) this was a hit, something I will totally be making again for the house of people!

1 head cabbage shredded
2 lb ground beef
1 large red onion, diced
2 bell peppers, diced
1 (15 oz) can of tomato sauce
2 (15 oz can) diced tomatoes
1-2 cups water
3 cups quinoa

In a large pot on med-high heat, cook the meat, onion and bell peppers till meat is completely cooked. Add in shredded cabbage and cans of tomatoes and sauce. Turn heat to a low-med and let it cook, stirring occasionally. Once cabbage is cooked through (till its tender and turning almost clear) add in quinoa. Making sure that there is plenty of liquid, you may add water, but only if it is needed. Keep temple true on a low-med, stirring occasionally, adding liquid if needed, until quinoa is cooked thoroughly (about 30 minutes). Salt to taste and enjoy!

First time I made it, my husband sat down and ate 2 bowls of it. That shows me it was a hit! This recipe makes a lot so it's great for left overs or a potluck! :)

Till next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment