Thursday, January 27, 2011

A Thursday at home

It's just after 9 am, Chris is still in bed sleeping. Since he works swings, he 'sleeps in' during the week. I have the news on. I love me some news. I enjoy keeping up with the happenings that are going on in the state, nation or even world.  I like to know what might effect me in the long run or even the short run. I also watch it thinking about how well we have it here in our country compared to other parts of the world.

This morning I felt like I got to sleep in a little bit. You see, the last 2 days I have had to go out to dad and Mary's to go feed the horses out there. Well, that ment that I was up at 5:15 to be out there by 6am to feed the horses. Mind you, my alarm doesn't normally go off until 6:45 in the morning, to get kids up and ready for school. Yesterday I was up and driving to feed the horses and I was so tired that on the drive over, I was slapping my face to keep me for the snoozing feeling. That's how tired I was. I got out there, fed the horses, and was driving back home doing the same thing, telling myself  "Come on Sheryl, stay awake". When I got home, it was about time to get kids up and ready for school. I was still tired, even after 2 cups of coffee, that I was dozing in the chair for 30 seconds at a time. Needless to say, this morning, I feel like I got 10 times more sleep! I feel great.

I made that pork and apple recipe last night for dinner. Candy and her 2 boys and Amanda were here to eat. All I can say is OH EM GEE!!!! It was awesome! I told Chris this morning, that is going to be the way I make my pork chops from here on out now! It was so amazing. I wish I knew which Food Network Chef made that recipe because it didn't say in the magazine. I think I might have to make a little email or maybe even write a letter and find out. Or maybe I can just type the recipe in the website and find out that way. We'll see. I would love to give credit, where credit is due!
Picture of Pork Chops With Apples and Garlic Smashed Potatoes Recipe
(This is what the picture looks like in the magazine!)

Today there is not much to do. I am going to stay at home and get some housework done. I have a couple loads of laundry to do, maybe get some vacuuming done and get dinner ready (think it will be just meatloaf tonight). I have to go and get Chris's boys from school and my kids, too, then back home to make dinner. Meatloaf, some sort of veggies, and maybe a pasta of some sort. I'll figure it all out. The kids will get to stay up tonight because of no school tomorrow. Today is the last day of the quarter, so I should be getting report cards here shortly. Hopefully they're pretty good report cards, so the kids can get rewarded!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment