Saturday, September 3, 2011

What a wild ride so far!

Holy cow I never thought I would see the day that I was back in the 60's!! But this morning I did! 269!! That means I am down exactly 30 pounds!!! Woo hoo!

I'm on day 6 of being full Paleo. Let me tell you how great I feel! I've been making all sorts of different meals. Been walking the kids to school and loving to eat! This has not been as hard as I thought it was going to be. Now, don't get me wrong. I miss having my ice cream bar every night like I used to. Or going up to DQ and getting my chocolate cookie dough blizzard. But, it's going to be all worth it in the end when I get to my dream weight. Then I can have those on a special occasion! I'm wearing clothes I haven't worn in who knows how long, clothes that I have forgotten about in the closet. It's been a great feeling.

 Like I was saying, I have been making all sorts of meals and having so much fun with it. Learning new dressings to put in my salads and different ways to combine foods to make them good and tasty and just fun to eat. Also, make a meal that makes me full. I'm not missing my carbs and starches at all!

This meal was a green salad with all sorts of veggies in it, asparagus and chicken breast with herb seasonings on it. Then I made this balsamic, agave and dry mustard dressing, with herbs and things in it and it was great! I've never liked vinaigrette's, but learning to make my own, and adding what I like in it, it's been great!

And those fritatta's that I made the other day (the recipe is on a previous blog) were to die for! They were so yummy and even Ellie was eating them!
This was the final out come! But just going through the process and smelling the veggies cooking smelt so good in my house.

Sweet potatoes, onion and different color peppers! It made my house smell so good! I love that smell in my house. Makes people love to come over and want to eat here. Makes the kids and Chris want to know whats for dinner.

It's been a wonderful journey so far and can't wait to get further in my ride! I'm getting closer and closer to my ultimate goal, but I'm also getting to each one of my benchmarks so quickly and that's what is so much fun! So, I have 94 pounds to go! I'm in the 260's now, so my next goal is to get into the 50's. I know I can do this. I've been at it for just over 2 months and I CAN and WILL keep going! You know that when I reach my goal weight, I'll have my 20 year reunion right around the corner and that's what I'm looking forward too!

Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment