Sunday, September 25, 2011

90 Days... (and 4 weeks)

90 days of the "diet". That's how long it will be come tomorrow morning. 90 Days. I started my journey because I just couldn't handle my weight anymore. I got up to 299 pounds and I freaked out. Everything started going through my head about my weight and what it was going to do to me in the long run and was I going to be around for my kids, or eventually my grandkids, when I get older if I continued down the 'weight' path I was going.

So, on June 27th, 2011, I emailed the one person I knew would put me on the right path. Charissa. She started me out small and moved me a little further about every 2 weeks. (You can see that with previous blogs). Well, doing something small every 2 weeks was the way to go! It's what I needed and it's what has worked for me.


Here I am (with my fiance, Chris) 90 days out! That is 39 pounds lighter then when I started. I would have never wanted a full picture taken of me, but it doesn't bother me any more, because I can see the difference in my body, clothes, energy level and just all around. I can take my kids out and run around. I'm not afraid to go for a long walk. I'll walk with the kids up to the school, just like they have been doing for the last year!

I've been completely, full on, Paleo for 4 weeks now. I feel great and it has gotten so easy to eat and prepare foods. I don't even have to think about it anymore. It's just like second nature. Which to me, means that I am going to be able to do this for the rest of my life and that is exactly what I need. I never want to go back to where I was 3 months ago! I know what I can have, I know what I can't. I know when I can and should say yes or no to things.

Now, don't get me wrong. I still have a LONG journey ahead of me. I've just made a dent in what my long term goals are! I am currently at 260 and I want to get to at least 175! Although, with the progress I'm making, I'm contimplaiting changing my goal number to more like 160-165. But, I'm going to stay with the 175 and once I get there, I'll make up my mind. :) So, as you can see, I still have 85 pounds to go to reach my goal. But, with what I have done already, I know that I can accomplish this! I know, it's going to happen and take time. But, I know now that I am going to be around for a very long time for Chris and for our kids!
Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment