Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Say hello to my 20's ;)

When you're a mother with growing kids in your 30's, you tend to be okay not going back to your 20's. All because they were more of your free spirited days before kids and marriage. :) Well, in my case, I'm so beyond excited to welcome my 20's back into my life again. (Even if it might be for only a month). I am so excited to report that as of yesterday I'm back in my 20's! That is 229 to be exact! It has been way to long since I have stared this number in the face. I don't remember the last time I was at this weight. That's the happy but sad part about this. Being down this much weight, I don't know when the last time I weighed this much or was in this size of clothes....

Size of clothes..... that brings to the other exciting point. When I saw the number on the scale I decided to try on a new pair of jeans I had just bought.. In a size 14... and you know what happened??? They went on, zipped and buttoned!! I couldn't believe it!
Size 14 pants, XL tshirt and sweater. Down 70 pounds and 3 shirt sizes and 5 whole pant sizes!!! :) Woo hoo!! To exciting! I have 54 pounds to go to reach my goal weight... I don't have a pants goal, it will all depend on what my body does when I get down to my goal weight. Once I'm there, I will start doing some more fine tune toning and what not!

I'm super excited and so happy I can share this with you! I never thought that weight loss could be this exciting and this much fun to share. I now have several friends that have started the Paleo journey. Not only to lose weight, but to get healthy. It's amazing what eating right can do for you. Not only can you lose weight when you are eating right, but you become healthy.

I've had blood work done back in late Nov after Thanksgiving. I was 244 at that time. All that blood work came back with every single test within normal ranged... Blood sugar levels, glucose, Cholesterol, Triglycerides, etc. Everything was in normal range. And with someone has obese as I once was. That is so pretty exciting news! I'm still overweight, and still have 54 pounds to lose, but I know I'm healthy and I'm doing this in a healthy way! That's what matters. I now know that I am going to be around for my kids and not have to worry about obesity taking over my body! It's a wonderful feeling.

Now it's time to go and raid my mother-in-laws closet for all the size 14's that she has. And put some new things into my wardrobe. I do have a couple of size 14 pants, but not much. I have 2 pairs of jeans, a pair of slacks, a pair of khaki's and a long denim skirt that are 14's.... I have been selling off lots of my old clothes that I can't fit into anymore and using that money to update my wardrobe some more. :) It's been awesome!!!

Till next time...

1 comment:

  1. Sheryl,
    You're really close to where I started this time last year. Difference is, my clothing at that weight was in the 20W or 2x range! I finally wore size 14 pants when my weight dropped to low 170s. And still have one pair of 14's purchased last July that were wearable in public around 150-155. Amazing how differently we are each made, isn't it? And exciting to lose the weight we need to lose, as well!
    Maryjean

    ReplyDelete