Saturday, January 28, 2012

What a great feeling.

I was out and about doing some things this morning. Had the kids' pictures taken for Valentine's Day. Went and visited Chris's mom to pick up a couple things she had been working on, and then the kids decided they would like pizza for dinner. So, I had to stop in the Papa Murphy's to get a couple of pizza's for the kiddos.

I order my pizza's and wait for them to get made and in walks an old friend I haven't seen in almost 2 years. I greeted her and went in to give her a hug and she just stared at me! So, I stopped and didn't hug her all the way, because I saw this bewilderment look on her face. It took her about 30 seconds, but she looked at me and said "Sheryl"? I said yes :) .....

She was in shock! She couldn't believe it was me. All she kept saying was Oh my god, you look amazing. Oh my god, you look awesome. If was such a wonderful feeling! The last time she had seen me, I wasn't taking care of myself. I was at my biggest point in weight, I didn't like to dress up, didn't like to have make up on. But today, I was all made up. :) I was in a brand new skirt (size 14) that I just finally fit into! Had my hair done, make up on, wearing my new faux fur knee high boots I just got. I was feeling good!!

Today, I'm down 75 pounds!! 49 left to go! I am feeling great and still going strong! It's not hard to pass on something that I shouldn't eat, except for chocolate, but I'm able to do that in moderation! I have learned to listen to my body and eat when I'm hungry and not just because it's a 'meal' time! I have learned when Chris takes me out to eat at a nice restaurant, I can  ask for other things! I don't have to have that rice, or cheesy mashed potatoes. I can ask for seasonal steamed veggies or sliced tomatoes. It's ok! Most places allow those types of substitutions!

What a wonderful day it's been!

Till next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment