Monday, January 9, 2012

Spaghetti Sauce

Here it is! My Paleo friendly spaghetti sauce! I love it! I'm sure that it can get even more Paleo then this, but I'm just starting out. :)

In my crock pot I put 3 cans of diced tomatoes. I recently discovered fire roasted tomatoes. :) So I do 2 cans of fire roasted and 1 regular. Then 3 cans of tomato sauce. Stir those all together. Then I add the seasons. Garlic powder, salt & pepper, Italian season, and my new favorite is a southwestern seasoning that I have discovered. Gives it a nice little kick!

I get all this stirred together and start simmering. While this is cooking, I will chop up a whole white onion, 1 package of mushrooms, and if I have a green pepper in the house (which I always do these days) 1/2 of a green bell pepper. Then I will cook up 1 lb of ground beef. Throw that all in the crock pot and stir together and let the flavors just marry together.

That's it. That's all there is to it. I will play around with this and depending on my taste buds that day, I'll add a little this or that. :) It's all up to you!

Now of course with this I cook a spaghetti squash. :) It is so yummy this way!

Hope you enjoy,
Till next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment