Monday, January 9, 2012

Staring 20's right in the face

As of this morning, I'm sitting at 230... I'm staring the 20's right in the face! I can't believe that I'm at this point. It feels absolutely wonderful! I have lost 69 pounds! Which means that I have 55 pounds left to go! Unbelievable!!!

I'm still full on Paleo. Eating and trying new things. Lots of protein, veggies, a little fruits, nuts and seeds. My good friend Charissa has started her own blog about Paleo as well called Rescue by Paleo. It has some wonderful information about the particulars about Paleo.

I've been working on some new creations here at the home front. One of them is my homemade spaghetti sauce with spaghetti squash as the 'noodle'. I have been wanting my spaghetti sauce. Something I have been eating and making for years. But when I went Paleo, I cut out my pasta. Well, why would I make spaghetti sauce when I can't have noodle to put it on? Well, that's when I started investigating and searching for something to use with my spaghetti sauce that is still Paleo appropriate. That is when I discovered spaghetti squash! I learned looked up how to cook it and started the process. I started my spaghetti sauce in my crock pot (I'll post that recipe next) and let that just simmer! Then onto the squash. Season with olive oil and salt and pepper. You cook it upside down for at least 45 minutes at 350*. Let it cool and then you can use a fork to 'scrape' it out! Oh so yummy!
Now that I'm familiar with Paleo style cooking, I can play around with my flavor. I actually use fire roasted tomatoes now. It gives the sauce such a great flavor!

On to bigger goals coming up. I know its going to get a little harder from here with 55 pounds to lose. But I'm totally going for it and can't wait to see where it is going to take me!!

Till next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment