Thursday, December 22, 2011

Breakfast Recipe for Yule eggs

I must say, I made the best breakfast this morning. You see, it's Yule today. Which is an old Pagan, Celtic, Roman Empire, German, etc tradition. Yule is also known as the Winter Solstice. It is the shortest day of the year and longest night of the year. Today is the turn of a 'new year'. From this day forward until Summer Solstice, the days get longer and prepare mother earth for Spring time and planting all the plentiful crops that she will grow for us! So in honor of today, I made a breakfast that 'welcomes the sun'. (And it's totally Paleo!!)

So here's how you make this!!
1 lb of sausage (I used Jimmy Dean)
1/2 yellow onion - chopped
1/2 bell pepper - chopped (I used green)
1 tomato diced
1 cup salsa
4 eggs

Cook the sausage, onions and bell peppers until cooked all the way through. Add salsa and let simmer for 5 minutes. Divide into 4 portions in your pan, make a 'nest' in the sausage mixture and add tomatoes into each nest (Nest represents spring to come). Crack egg into each nest over the tomatoes. Cover and let cook for 15 minutes. (To make this non-paleo you can add cheese into the nest before you add your egg). Once the egg yolk (egg represents the sun) is set, you can serve!

It is totally yummy! I will make this other mornings besides today. I was a hit! I hope you try this!

Till next time!

1 comment:

  1. It was so yummy we are having this tomorrow morning

    ReplyDelete