Saturday, December 31, 2011

Eggs on a cloud

I got my new Rachael Ray magazine a couple days ago and was thumbing through it. I found what looked like a fabulous recipe for eggs. Most of the time when I look at recipes now a days, I ask myself, 'how can I make this Paleo?' Well, all I had to do with this one, was to leave out cheese!! Oh it was fabulous!!! I even took step by step pictures so you can all see what it looks like as you go!

Preheat oven to 450*
What you will need:
4 eggs
Bacon
chives (optional)
Salt & Pepper

You want to cook up the bacon, I used 3 cooked strips to go into the eggs and then 2 strips for each person eating..
Next you want to separate your eggs. Put the egg whites into a bowl and each yolk into their own small bowls. Then you are going to whip the egg white until firm peaks form...
Now, take you bacon and chop it into small pieces, fold into the egg white along with chives if you wish. I didn't have chives this morning, so I added a little bit of dried minced onions. Then put on a lined baking sheet into 4 'clouds'. Each 'cloud' needs to have a deep well in it.
Cook in the oven for 3 minutes. The top will just start to turn golden brown. Take them out and put a yolk into each one of the wells on the 'clouds'.
Put it into the oven for 3 more minutes until the yolk is set and 'clouds' are nice and golden brown. Serve warm. :)
Oh so totally yummy!!!! Thank you Rachael Ray!!1

Till next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment