Wednesday, December 14, 2011

My monumental goal met today!

I've been saying over the last month, that it hasn't been a huge weight loss happening with me. Well, that's true. However, today there is a monumental goal that has happened! I am officially at my half way mark!!! I HAVE LOST 62 POUNDS AND HAVE 62 LEFT TO GO!!!! This is BIG, GIANT, HUGE!!! Whatever way you want to look at it! I did it! I got to my half way point!

62 pounds has taken me 171 days to lose. That's 24 1/2 weeks, 5 1/2 months that it took me to lose 62 pounds!!!! That is approx 2 1/2 pounds a week that I have lost! All I can say is WOW! I'm amazed with it! I have never in my life lost this much weight at one time. I have never in my life been so excited about losing weight! It's unbelievable! I just stay in a constant good mood because of this! It's amazing what I life change can do not only for your physical health but for your mental health as well!
 (This is me now)

I started my journey at 299 pounds. After losing 62 pounds that puts me at 237 pounds. I don't even remember the last time I was this weight because I was always afraid or didn't care what my weight was. I can, however, tell you the last time I was in a size 16 clothes (which is where I'm at now), because I still have some of my size 16 clothes from back then. It was when I moved to Seattle at 19 and started working in the corporate world. This is before my first marriage, before kids, all of that! I also remember the last time I was a size 14 (which is the next size I'm aiming to get to), was when I was a Senior in High School. My Prom dress that I wore was a size 14.

(Back before kids! Last time I was a size 16!)


Can you imagine what it's going to be like when I go to my 20 year reunion in 2013 and be fit, thin, lean, healthy and look even BETTER then I did when I graduated from high school? I can't wait for that day to come! Haven't been to a reunion yet, but you better believe that I plan on going to that one!

So, my next long term goal is to get out of the 200's... only 37 pounds for that... seems like a cake walk now that I have lost 62 pounds! I KNOW I can do this! I can't see the light at the end of this tunnel! And don't you even once think that it's going to end there! It will go beyond just the weight loss. It will go into being healthy and getting fit and trim! It will morph into so much more then it already has been morphed into.

Thank you my dear friend, Charissa www.damselsoutofdistress.com for getting me to where I am today! Without your motivation, education and friendship I couldn't have done any of this! There are only better things to come and I know that you are going to get me there as well!

Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment