Friday, January 3, 2014

Chicken noodle-less soup

Since it was such a huge hit here is the recipe for the chicken 'noodle less' soup!!!
Now mind you I make a crockpot full because I feed 6, plus I make extra for the next day to take to work for the hubby and myself for lunches.

10 chopped carrots (I had rainbow carrots on hand)
5 rib of celery sliced
1 chopped onion
6 green onions chopped (just whites and light greens)
1/2 c fresh Italian parsley chopped
3 large chicken breasts (I used bone in)
4 cups chicken stock
Seasoned with salt, pepper, garlic powder, rosemary & thyme

I chopped all the veggies and tossed them in the crockpot. Laid the chicken on top of it all. Then filled the crockpot about 3/4 full of stock (it was approx 4 cups). Once all that was in there I added my seasonings. I'm sorry I don't measure all the time I just eye ball it. About 3-4 good pinches of salt, sprinkled just to cover of pepper, same thing with garlic powder (not garlic salt). Then for the rosemary and thyme, I just cup my hand and pour it into there and sprinkle from there what I have in the palm of my hand.

Once the chicken is cooked and tender (about 6 hours), I took it out of the crockpot and let it sit for a few minutes till I could handle it and pulled it all of the bones, chopped it up and put it back into the crockpot. Let it cook for about another 1-2 hours. 

For the rest of the family that still wanted the noodles I cooked some noodles up on the stove and just spooned that into their bowls, but for mine it was just the chicken and veggies. And oh my was it good!!! Can't wait to have some today for lunch once I am back from my work out!!

Enjoy!
Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment